mb pro c2d has a trackpad issue after being dropped

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by k1mxzn, Feb 28, 2011.

1. k1mxzn macrumors newbie

I dropped her macbook on to the edge of a stair and so it has a huge dent right in the middle on the bottom of it. We turned it on and the trackpad wasn't working properly. It was as if it was constantly being held down, and the hinges on the trackpad weren't clicking either.

she had her macbook touchpad set so that it was "tap to click" so she'd never have to actually click the pad, but even when you slightly move your hand over the touchpad (not pressing it down at all, just using it to move the cursor), the result was the same as when you were holding it down.

I took it to the apple store and all the hardwares seemed to be functioning properly, but the apple store worker said the bent aluminum body also bent some of the inner hardware.

Is there any way to fix this without having to pay 700 dollars at the apple store?

2. 73CortinaV8 macrumors 6502

If you're handy, you could take it apart and see if anything is binding or held down.

Otherwise... how about an external mouse?

3. k1mxzn thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I was thinking about doing that. Right now, i think its jsut the body that has a dent thats pushing all the hardware (battery and hd) up against the trackpad, thus creating the situation.

If it was true, would i be able to replace the aluminum body only?

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Yes, but it still wouldn't be very cheap. You'd have to be pretty handy too.