MB Pro, how to lock function keys in Windows?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Ovenall, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Ovenall macrumors member

I am trying to play a game in my Windows partition through Boot Camp. Everything works fine, except I need the function keys to operate as only function keys, not control volume, brightness, etc. In OSX, I went into System Preferences and enabled the F keys to work as function keys... but while this works in OSX environment, when I go into Windows, the F keys are once again controlling hardware features.

Anyone know how to do this in Windows? I went into Control Panels in Windows and nothing under keyboard seems to do what I need.

Thanks in advance.

2. Snooksy macrumors newbie

There should be an option for this in the Boot Camp control panel, under one of the tabs.

3. Ovenall thread starter macrumors member

Follow up:

My Boot Camp control panel in the bottom right of the monitor disappeared. After Googling around, I found I had to put in the OSX install disk while in Windows mode, then click repair. Took about five minutes, and after a reboot, all is good.

Thanks for helping me at least track down the issue. The stupid thing is that there's no Boot Camp control panel available in the normal Windows Control Panel area... you have to find it at the bottom of the screen (a cryptic gray diamond icon), and apparently it disappears from time to time.