Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nitin1518

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2014
Hi Team,

I have a MacBook Pro Retina (late 2013) model which is having booting issue (folder sign with question mark). After trying all the solutions online without any help, I discovered that if I press the base of the MacBook from the bottom (at specific location) the laptop boots up. But even a slight movement will again lead to a permanent screen freeze.

I gave the MacBook at Apple authorized service center (explaining the issue as well as the base pressure solution) but they returned the MacBook stating the motherboard needs replacement. Another story - They also added that my Wi-Fi is not working (which was working fine 100% sure)..never mind.

So now I want to take things in my hand and need support in solving the issue. I would appreciate if someone could share their experience/expertise to resolve this.

Till now what I think,
  • Loose connection - Try cleaning the all connectors including the location (connector highlighted in the image attached) where my MacBook boots up on applying pressure
  • Dry solder - Could be due to frequent pressure to its base as I keep it in a tightly space, so may be blowing hot air could support in resolving this.
Any other solution I could try? Please share, I would really appreciate your support as I cannot afford to buy a new laptop when I can see its boots up.

Attachments

• 20190508_120918 - issue.jpg
    20190508_120918 - issue.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 100
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.