mb replacement question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by clyde2801, Oct 30, 2008.

1. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Took my mb to the apple store, tt the genius about the washout and problems with blacks on the display. Mentioned the 9C89 discussion on these forums.

He was pretty helpful, and frank. After quickly looking around, and speaking as a last gen MBP matte owner, he thinks my quibbles are just part of the LED/Glossy display properties. All the display models looked the same at the apple store, including the freakin' MBPs!. But, "keeping me happy" purchase was his primary concern.
    He also gave me some options:

1. Wait a couple of weeks, and ask them to swap out the display using the reference number he gave me. May get a display other than the 9C89.
    2. Imediately swap it out for a new mb, hope I have better results.
    3. Swap it for a new MBP, and pay the difference. No restock fee.
    or (admitting to myself):
    4. Shrug, and accept the new display.

I admit that this is the MB forum, but which option would all of you suggest? The money is not a problem, and I'm using it for consumer stuff (web browsing, wordprocessing, some older mac games, and watching movies).

2. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

I vote for this. They may have better quality screens by then, they may not. You saw for yourself that the MBP had the same issue so no point in doing that.

PS. Probs should've post this into a poll :)

3. clyde2801 thread starter macrumors 601

clyde2801

okay...

Sorry to be such a noob, but it's 6 am here. How do you create a poll?