MB screen vs. MBP screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by arn0ld, Jan 7, 2009.

1. arn0ld macrumors newbie

Power is a non-issue, the low end MB has enough power for everything I want to do. However, I'm wondering how much I'll be sacrificing in terms of color fidelity and overall quality with the MB screen. I'll be watching downloaded / re-encoded TV shows and anime and not DVD movies so the extra screen size and resolution shouldn't be that critical. I want to know how big of an upgrade the MB screen would be from my current Dell Inspiron 600m notebook (14 inch screen, non-widescreen). If the MB won't be much of an upgrade in that aspect then I'll have to save up for the MBP screen which I know is superior to both.

2. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

The MB screen is indeed not as good as the MB Pro but its not bad at all. A lot of people seem satisfied with the Macbook screen quality but of course some people are more demanding then others. I suggest checking both units out at the Apple Store and judge it for yourself.

3. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

That would be the best thing to do. See them both with your own eyes in an Apple store.

4. Crash1234 macrumors regular

If you can, you should take a trip to a store and look at them both. If you don't have an apple store near you, maybe you have a best buy that sells macs? It's the only way you'll be totally sure.

Idk about your particular dell model, but I've got a couple of old dell laptops floating around the house, and compared to the macbook screens, these dell screens are either of similar or better quality imo. Although the screens on the unibody mbs are better than the whitebook/blackbook screens, they are still not that great.

5. arn0ld thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, that's not very reassuring. Hopefully the glossy finish will make the MB look better.

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Unless your a graphic designer/colourphile you wont notice the difference.
    You may see a bit of light bleed in the dark when the screens showing black but i dont think it will really affect you unless your watching films in bed.