MB: Slight separation between screen and case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alana22, Apr 25, 2007.

1. alana22 macrumors regular

Is it normal for the bottom right and left hand corners of the plastic casing surrounding the screen to be slightly raised. I can only notice this when I'm looking downwards on top of the screen as I'm closing it, and I can gently press the bottom left and right hand corners of the casing against the screen (I'd say maybe only one inch on both the both the bottom and side of each bottom corner is slightly raised, the rest of the length of the case sits seamlessly against the screen itself. Does this make sense? Is it normal or do none of you have this problem? The gaps are minor, and do not affect the screen display.. but it does certainly seem odd

2. Trogloxene macrumors regular

Nothing a Caulk gun and a tube of silicon won't fix...

I'm kidding. :)

Go look at your unit at the Apple Store and see if they also have the same gap tolerances.

-T

3. alana22 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, that is an option I was considering. I was just wondering if anyone here with Macbooks could take a quick look and see if there is a slight gap on the bottom left and right corners between the plastic casing and the screen itself. Is that normal, or is the entire casing surrounding the screen, including the bottom corners, supposed to sit 100% flush against the screen?

4. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

I think that is where the screen surround is attached via double-stick tape. On my MB i can slide my fingernail under the bottom right corner. The bottom left side won't fit my fingernail between the two, but there is a slight gap. Looks like I have another thing for Apple to fix along with my CD drive.