MB slowin down?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jukes316, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Jukes316 macrumors regular

Hey..
    I'm not sure if it's my macbook..or my internet..but yesterday it took a dive.

I'm really leanin towards my internet being the problem but not for sure.

Safari has slowed down a lot. It'll pop up right away but after a few clicks and such it'll slow down.
    WoW loads fast but once I get ingame. Latency is up the yingyang.

My internet still says two bars...which it has been since I got the MB. So doesn't "seem" like anything has changed.

I'd restart the internet, but it's not even my internet. lol. I just turned my MB on at my house and it was connectd to a linksys. So I left it.

Any way to check if my computer is being slowed down by my internet or just by itself?

Thanks.

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

You may get a better signal if you move closer to the router. See if that particular neighbor has a spare room for you. ;)

3. Jukes316 thread starter macrumors regular

Hahahahahah.
    I'll have to move around. ;)

I'm going to just guess it is the wifi. Cause earlier in the day it was working on at my buddies house just fine. (on a different linksys that idk whos is hah)

But yea. Hopefully they get there dang router workin properly soon! I might have to make a complaint. ;)

4. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Make sure that you contact their internet provider and not Linksys/Cisco. They just make the routers. :cool: