MB so hot you can cook an egg on it!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by taylor200588, Oct 12, 2011.

1. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

I've had my Macbook Pro 13" for little over a year now, when I bought the thing it was claimed I could get 10 hours battery which is perfect for what I need (uni). At this moment in time its running the latest Lion 10.7.1, its stock so 4GB ram, 2.4ghz blah blah blah. This morning (like everyday) I take it off charge, instantly it was at 99% battery. I've used it now for *checks iStat Pro* 1 hour and 58 minutes and I'm down to 18% battery :(. All I do is surf the web, a little iTunes and thats about it. Whenever Im on a site that requires flash the fan kicks into turbo mode (sounds like a jet engine) and the battery percentage turns into like a ticking timer "76%, 75%, 74%" so I have to come off these sites so save battery. The heat is unbelievable on it that Im considering using it to cook my breakfast on. I've used those "Click for flash" programs but they dont work so well, I calibrate the battery a couple times a week, according to iStats the health of my battery is at 88%. I have to charge it about 2 or 3 times a day, Im trying to be as energy efficient as possible with the battery but it's becoming a joke now!

Also quickly I took my mac back a few months ago about a dodgy speaker and the poor battery, they replaced the speaker and battery and things were fine for a wee while but things are just back to square one, I can't listen to anything because the left speaker cracks, and when I do anything its only for 5 minutes until the battery dies :(

To sum up
    -RUBBISH battery
    -Hot hot hot mac
    -Fan on constantly
    -Speaker keeps crackling

Anyone with any advice would be my new best friend!!

2. simsaladimbamba

Flash might be the culprit.

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]
    Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

Also constant calibration might not be the best for the battery, though if you can't do it any other way, then so it is.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you used the Search feature of this site like you are supposed to before creating new threads, you would find dozens of existing ones on this exact same subject which you could have used to educate yourself.

Flash is a known battery drain. Your computer is behaving perfectly normally.

4. taylor200588 thread starter macrumors regular

taylor200588

5. BL4zD macrumors 6502

My macbook has been heating up very much since I updated from 10.7.1 to 10.7.2. It's not flash because I don't have it installed. Before I could idle off the charger at under 50 degrees C but now just idling I'm at 65 degrees C.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I searched the forums but this is the only thread that came up about heat in the first three pages.

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Hi taylor200588,

Have a look at the spotlight icon (in the upper right corner of your screen). Is there a small, pulsating circle in the middle of the magnifying glass?