MB stolen going to buy MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by simon88, Feb 28, 2010.

1. simon88 macrumors newbie

Had my 3 year old macbook stolen at uni so going to buy a MBP 15" laptop to replace it. I am in the midst of dissertation so time is the key. Are all these rumours about new MBP just rumours or will a new MBP be coming out within 'weeks'. Id rather travel to the library for a week or than fork out a grand on a MBP which is updated in a week.

Thoughts ??

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You can check out the Arrandale thread for the latest

But yeah, rumors
    Nobody knows anything

Sorry about your MacBook

3. simon88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Say the new version comes out next tuesday, will delivery be a while after this or straight away ?

4. Gomff macrumors 6502a

5. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

They will be updated, of course, but nobody knows when.

If you can use library resources effectively, then use them.

Else buy a MBP and don't look back; you'll end up playing the waiting game like everyone else. For all we know Apple could be putting lightpeak or something on their latest gens but are busy finalizing specs. We just don't know :confused:

7. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

No, it usually seems as if they take quite a while to ship after they are announced

8. simon88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Uni house got burgled, taking everyones laptop, sat nav, camera's x box and wii so a pretty good day out for them but these things happen. Going to use insurance money and wait for the new MBP patience is a virtue i suppose

9. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Keep in mind though as much as the MBP could be tommorrow it could also be in at WWDC in June

Best buy rumors point to updates soon, but i think WWDC is a possibility because I dont see them updating the processors on the MBPs without upgrading the lower end imacs. Doing both would be event worthy.

10. iSax1234 macrumors regular

The last iMac update itself was a event worthy event but it was a silent. The lower end iMac's were updated with the 27 inch version so don't count on an iMac update soon. I doubt apple waits till june, IT WILL BE ONE YEAR JUNE, they're not going to do that. The Mac Pro is also due for an update not to mention the MBA not that any one really cares about the air. The MPB update maybe soon and more than likely will be, but who knows it could be in june, but I doubt it. Apple's got a lot coming up, iPad release, MPB and MBA update, Mac Pro update. And now maybe a Mac Mini HDMI? Wait as long as you can