MB Trackpad Message?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lord Sam, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lord Sam macrumors regular

Lord Sam

Everytime I press down hard on my Macbook's trackpad, a message appears saying; "Are you sure you want to shut down your computer?" and it gives you the option (in order) to either
    a)Restart
    b)Sleep
    c)Cancel
    d)Shut Down

This message is the same one which appears when you click on the blue :apple: logo drop down menu in the top left corner of any mac OS X screen. It is very weird, annoying, and I have no idea what is happening. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, is anyone else having this problem? I doubt it, but I would just like to know.

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Don't do that.;)

3. Lord Sam thread starter macrumors regular

Lord Sam

But that's on a good day, after just starting to use it. On a bad day, after an hour or so of usage, just brushing lightly against the track pad will trigger the message. I have no idea what this is, I'm just glad it shows the message instead of just straight shutting down. It gets fairly annoying though.

4. radman222 macrumors newbie

Sounds like a USB short. The power button and the trackpad both are connected to the USB controller, so it makes sense that a short would cause the trackpad to trigger the power button.

Just call Apple.

5. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I'd call Apple or visit a local Apple Store or an authorized Apple Service Technician/Authorized Reseller to see what they think about the situation. Just sounds like it's shorting out somewhere.

6. Lord Sam thread starter macrumors regular

Lord Sam

Thanks

Ok. Thanks guys. I was kind of worried. I will call Apple and see what can be done. I hope they can just replace a part here or there and that its not too complicated. Once again, thanks. :)