Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm not sure I've ever seen a trackpad protector. I suppose you could try using a Palm device's plastic screen protector or something similar, but I'm not sure what that would do for the sensitivity and usability of the trackpad.

thekiller

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2007
California :D
I've seen a few protectors but they only come in set (with keyboard or palm protectors) I've heard moshi is great but I just want the trackpad protector :(

The Tuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2003
I just got a MacBook and have been thinking about the same thing because I don't want the oil from my fingers to wear down the trackpad and make it all shiny. So, I did a little research and came across the perfect thing: http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/macbook-tpf.php

I'm worried about 2 things though: losing sensitivity in the trackpad and leaving a mark on the screen from the trackpad cover sticking up further than the trackpad did before. I dunno though. It looks like it might be snug enough.

ptf_04.jpg

ptf_03.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.