MB Trackpad protector...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thekiller, May 26, 2007.

1. thekiller macrumors member

hi there, can anyone please recommed a good trackpad protector.... like invisible shield but with no shine (lol)...

2. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I'm not sure I've ever seen a trackpad protector. I suppose you could try using a Palm device's plastic screen protector or something similar, but I'm not sure what that would do for the sensitivity and usability of the trackpad.

3. thekiller thread starter macrumors member

I've seen a few protectors but they only come in set (with keyboard or palm protectors) I've heard moshi is great but I just want the trackpad protector :(

4. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

I just got a MacBook and have been thinking about the same thing because I don't want the oil from my fingers to wear down the trackpad and make it all shiny. So, I did a little research and came across the perfect thing: http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/macbook-tpf.php

I'm worried about 2 things though: losing sensitivity in the trackpad and leaving a mark on the screen from the trackpad cover sticking up further than the trackpad did before. I dunno though. It looks like it might be snug enough.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. thekiller thread starter macrumors member