Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b84

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
I need a computer for school ,mainly for Web(HTML) and Graphic Designand noticed that apple upgraded the MB. I will be using it to run Adobe CS3 and wonder if i should just opt for the MBP. I really want the 15in 2.33ghz.,but was wondering if the middle grade MB with 2gb memory should allow me to do want i need??

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
MB is good enough, the main reason to go pro in your case is the bigger monitor.

The macbooks are great, if you are ok with the 13" screen. It's the main reason I went to MBP. I think it was only a problem because I do most of my graphic/video/coding on a 23" ACD, and trying to use 13 well didn't work. I think 17 would have been best for me but couldn't afford it.

Dynamyk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2005
Toronto
Hmm all I would suggest is upping your RAM to 2gigs, maybe look at a refurb if you want to save money. But definitely up your RAM for CS3

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
ehhh MB is fine but if your willing to spend more go for the MBP

That doesn't really say anything. If money wasn't an issue, then life would be a lot easier.
If you are going to be using desing apps, I think that the mbp will be worth the investment, assuming you have money for it (and Applecare).

b84

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
i am worried only about the graphic card. on MB could i use it for other applications such as video editing /dreamweamer

Cheesecake

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2007
i am worried only about the graphic card. on MB could i use it for other applications such as video editing /dreamweamer

Theoretically yes, a MacBook could handle these operations just fine. In fact, Final Cut Express HD (my video editing program of choice on OS X) states that the MacBook is fit to run the program just fine because it mentions that the MacBook's integrated graphics chipset is fully compatable.

But as i've learned for video editing, screen reality is a major issue especially with more complex projects. I went for the MacBook Pro because of the extra muscle and the extra screen space that it offered me over the 13" MacBook screen.

Kaiser Phoenix

Cancelled
May 12, 2005
Go with the MBP if you can. Without much difference in weight (the macbooks are quite heavy, relatively), you get more screen real estate and an offboard graphics card, which wont use up system Ram etc etc.

But if u are tight on cash, then the MB will definately suit your needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.