MB Waking up issues..ToastBook?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by XheartcoreboyX, Oct 19, 2009.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

This happens quiet often..

I close my MB's lid to sleep and when i try to open the lid later to use the computer, it makes the superdrive noise but the screen stays off, I try that frequently, but nothing solves it besides restarting the machine by the I/O button.

Today, after closing the lid and putting my MB in it's bag, thanks god, I decided to use it a little an hour later when I got in the car, to find out that the MB is all HOT and running, like if it wasn't sleeping.

Sometimes, it just wakes up at the middle of night and then go back to sleep on it's own?! when I am home i just leave the lid open and put it in sleep mode, since i connect it to an external keyboard/mouse.

Anyone got a hint? anything i should be aware of?

PS, i am on leopard, specs in sign.

Thanks.

2. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

Anyone?

This is really annoying and embarrassing, my friend was interested in Macs , when i try to wake up my mb from sleep today, it didn't, it was awkward.. :(

3. kherty macrumors newbie

kherty

Me too!

I'm having problems too....I can hear the hard drive spinning, but I can't get it to wake up with keys or with the mouse? I have to force a reboot!!

:mad:

4. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

Maybe disabling safe sleep would help?!

I really can't think of anything else right now, this is so frustrating and it happens A LOT!

5. kherty macrumors newbie

kherty

Sleep issues

I found this...going to try it when I get home later:

6. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

Thanks for the heads up!

I just tried that and also disable the safe sleep, by choosing the "Sleep only" option in an app called "safe sleep".

Let's hope that will fix the problem, I will test the machine out for say a week.