MB + Windows PC vs iPad and iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Noiseless, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Noiseless macrumors newbie

Hello

I have a Macbook unibody with the GeForce 9400 and 4GB Ram ect. I also have a Windows PC with an i5 750 and a GTX 470.

I am not happy with windows and am using my Macbook for most tasks but i also do a lot of gaming. I play recent games like crysis, black ops, bad company 2 (...)

I also use my PC for HD- video editing because the macbook doesn't have enough horsepower to do this job flawlessly.

I am planing on buying the new 27" imac (and selling my PC) when it comes out and replace my macbook with an ipad 2. what do you think? Will an iMac satisfy my gamer-needs?

:apple:

2. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

The next gen iMac will have sandy bridge and a minor upgrade to GPU.

The current 5750 can play all those games you listed, but crysis wont be at max.

I can play BF:BC2 at all high 1920x1080 around 35-40FPS.

The graphics card will play all current games, but I won't promise it'll be at max with 100 fps.

You might get max with 30-40 fps..

The i5 you have is slightly slower than the current i5 in the imac, and the new imac will have sandy bridge so it'll blow your rig away.

I think if your a SERIOUS PC gamer you'll want to stick with PC. If you need VERY HIGH FPS, stick with your PC. If you don't mind 30-50FPS and sometimes dropping a setting or two, the iMac will be perfect.

I can play SC2 on High settings (below ultra) at 2560x1440 at 50+fps which is awesome. I also play WoW on all max settings at 2560x1440 so thats good too.