mb wireless?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bennyboyt, May 28, 2008.

1. bennyboyt macrumors member

I was wondering what the wireless abilities on the macbooks are like?

Are they easy to use, and what do you think the remote possibility is that when im on holiday in spain, come august, that when im in the holiday resort or in a part of the town that i would be able to pick up a signal? (of course this is provided there is a internet wireless signal to be picked up)

2. Qwest905 macrumors 6502

Qwest905

the wireless on the MB is so easy...you don't have to configure a thing unless the network you are trying to connect to is protected

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I 2nd that! It's extremely fast and effortless on my part. I can't believe how many possible connections show up when I turn my BlackBook on. It's amazing! :cool:

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

A friend was in Spain last month and from the 10th floor of his hotel he had a choice of 6 open networks to choose from.

MacBooks probably have the best wireless reception of all the Mac/PC laptops out there.

I think you will be ok !

5. bennyboyt thread starter macrumors member

6. Luzzio macrumors regular

Luzzio

The wireless works great on the Macbook.

Initially though, at 10.5.1 it had problems picking up a wireless signal in my house. Would only work once in awhile.

10.5.2 onwards, there was no problem picking up the signal. But I had to authorize and manually connect to my specific wifi (there are about 9 signals discoverable from my room) everytime after closing the MB (which puts it to sleep).

With the recent 10.5.3, it doesn't even ask me which wireless signal I want to use anymore once awake, connecting automatically to my previous password protected wifi in 5 seconds tops :cool: