MB110LL/B keyboard

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by dmueller6, Feb 23, 2012.

1. dmueller6 macrumors newbie

Anyone using this keyboard with a machine running 10.5.8 or earlier? If yes , any problems with any keys? Not working correctly or anything.

I would like to but this for my g5 powermac running 10.5.8.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Those keyboards work with 10.4.10 or later. Mine works fine on my G3 iMac, but it doesn't charge my iPhone via the keyboard port as a mid-2007 iMac or later Mac is needed for that.

3. skinniezinho macrumors 6502a

Because the iMac G3 is usb1.0 or 1.1.

4. burnout8488 macrumors 6502a

I've used this keyboard on 10.5.8 on two different PowerMac G5s, worked perfectly. There is a software update for it that properly maps the keys. It might download automatically in "Software Update," or you may need to download it from Apple, but it works, and all keys function correctly.

For those that don't want to have to look up the model number, the OP is talking about the full aluminum wired Apple keyboard with number pad. (would have been easier to say that!!)

5. dmueller6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I should have stated that. Do you remember the update you used?

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No, because the iMac G3 isn't able to output more than 500 milliamps per port. The mid-2007 iMac and newer can output 1 amp per port which is needed to charge an iDevice (not iPad) on the built in hub in the aluminum keyboard. When the iPhone is plugged directly into the iMac G3, it charges. iTunes evens loads up and complains about it not working with iOS 5.

7. burnout8488 macrumors 6502a

I honestly think it was called Aluminum Keyboard Update. Perhaps a search of apple.com will bring you to it as a downloadable file.