MB986LL/A or MC026LL/A Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by failsafe1, Jun 9, 2009.

1. failsafe1 macrumors 6502a

failsafe1

I need some help. I am confused over what is what. I followed the keynote with interest yesterday and am in the market for a MBP. I am trying to figure out how old is the current MBP at Best Buy (2.66)? I am speaking of the now out of date model as of the keynote. My wondering is this. Is this the model that can handle 6 gb of ram? It would seem that this is a better model than the now current MBP at the similar price point. My head is spinning after trying to figure out the BB model with the buyers guide and the Apple support page specs. My thinking is this. For the same price (EDU) the BB model has the better video card and close enough with ram expansion. The processor is close enough and you retain the express card. I am a pro photographer and like the expansion capability for future proofing. I also wonder if Snow Leopard will open up the ram capability on older models? Thanks.

2. jcase0 macrumors newbie

The MC026LL/A (2.66) model is from 03/09 and it supports up to 8GB RAM.

3. phineas macrumors regular

phineas

Whats the difference between Mid June and previous models?

Does this mean its out of date and the June model is better? Whats the over all difference?

I am looking at one from Expercom and I am wondering the difference.

I'd goto the local apple store but there closed for renovations till the 18th of the month.

Thanks in Advance

4. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Model MC026LL/A will support a maximum of 4gb ram. And no....Snow Leapard will not "open up" the avenue to allow for increased ram.

5. Sponsi macrumors member

Sponsi

No, as the poster above said it will support 8GB. I have this model with 8GB.

6. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Wrong. It supports up to 8.0GB.

7. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

its 4gb, only they newer 2.66 models are 8gb.

MC026LL/A

thats the older model and only supports 4gb, i have a customer with this model, it recognizes the ram but will not use it.

8. Sponsi macrumors member

Sponsi

I own a MC026LL/A and it can use the FULL 8GB of RAM. Even the first generation UMBP's support 6GB, why would a newer release be limited to only 4GB?

9. anthonyramos84 macrumors newbie

anthonyramos84

Correct. The March discrete updates of the Macbook Pros DO accept and fully utilize the full 8GB or RAM....