MBA 11 Accessories

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dannywalls76, Jan 23, 2012.

1. dannywalls76 macrumors newbie

Having saved exactly the right amount of money to buy my MBA 11, I was left with no funds to buy any accessories for my new machine. Most notably, I could not afford a case and have been wrapping it in a T shirt for the last 2 weeks :(
    It's payday tomorrow and I'll finally be in the market for a case.
    Any suggestions on a decent case that doesn't cost the earth but offers good protection.

2. korbiniansv macrumors newbie

case or sleeve? i bought a case from marks and spencer that was £15 and that does the job fine, i have also got a black sleeve that slips on to the laptop from the apple store, cost £39, worth the money in my opinion

3. dannywalls76 thread starter macrumors newbie

I travel about with work quite a bit, so my machine will spend a lot of time in a rucksack. So, I was just after a sleeve or something to protect it from bangs and knocks from whatever else is in my bag.

4. Stewart21 macrumors regular

Have a lok at proporta.com, they have a lot of cases and sleeves. I bought the Quicksilver Neoprene sleeve for my MBA. Good price and it does the job.

Stewart

5. anirudh, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012

anirudh macrumors 6502

Don't want to be the one that says this, but "there are plenty of threads about this" :D

Nevertheless, here are some

For maximum protection against bumps and pressure with a little extra added bulk (my fav)

(Since you mentioned you travel a lot, this would be perfect to put in the air and throw it in the rucksack which I am assuming does not have a separate compartment for a laptop)

http://www.booqbags.com/All-Products/Vyper-hard-laptop-cases/Viper-11-macbook-air-case

Popular sleeve among many here

http://sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.php#

If you are into leather (medium protection)

http://*******.com/Apple-MacBook-Air-Cases-Sleeves-Accessories_c19.htm

http://shop.jolioriginals.com/products/mba

----------

Oh and congratulations on your purchase :D

Edit: For some reason MR is not allowing me to post the ******* url and is replacing is by asterix (whats the plural for asterix btw?)

6. gary c macrumors member

1st thing I bought was a case. "If it isn't in your hands it should be in a case". When I got my last pair of glasses my eye Dr. told me that about having glasses so I have applied it to my Air. I feel much better about the Air being in a case when I am not using it.

7. No-Me, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

No-Me macrumors 6502a

Same thing here, wouldn't want to use a MacBook or iPad without a case/sleeve.

Bought my (Brown-Yellow) Joli Originals even before I received my Air.

Wouldn't want to take the risk that I'd bump into anything with my bag or while carrying it. A T-Shirt is ok to prevent scratches, but it seems silly to buy an expensive laptop and than carrying it around in well, almost nothing.

:)

Ow, and the second thing you want is a proper bag,.. I use a crumpler nylon friday, been using it since my Black MacBook,.. still feels like new.

8. fruitpunch.ben macrumors 6502a

fruitpunch.ben

I have the STM Jacket XS. I love it. It fits perfectly, is very padded so it gives great protection, the shoulder strap is removable so it can act as a sleeve as well as a bag. The outside pocket can fit either the charger or an iPad, and the other side contains an iPhone pocket.
    It is small enough that it can easily fit inside another larger bag or backpack to give extra protection. I got it for $17 including shipping on sale from J&R, but its worth it even at a higher price of $27. But its very well designed and doesn't look cheap. Can't recommend it highly enough!

http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/laptop-bags/jacket-extra-small-laptop-sleeve/

9. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I have a neoprene sleeve short distance traveling to and from meetings...and a Timbuk2 messenger bag for actually transporting from place to place. Its not huge, yet large enough to carry my MBA, Bose headphones, 4 hard drives, a logitech g700 mouse, and my iPad. A very well designed case!

10. terps2005 macrumors member

I have the Saddleback Leather MBA sleeve that I drop in a brief case I got off ebay. I want the Saddleback one but I can't quite justify $500+ on a brief case just yet.

11. lc25 macrumors 6502

I got a Freiwild Sleeve in grey and love it, total bargain for under £40 and highly recommend one.

12. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I just picked up an Acme Made Skinny Sleeve for my 11" MBA. It's a neoprene sleeve but also has some thin plastic inserts to help protect against dings and dents. They're sold at Apple stores. Fit is fairly snug and I feel comfortable carrying my MBA in a messenger bag that doesn't have a specific laptop compartment while it's in this sleeve.

13. will0407 macrumors 6502a

I have a black speck see thru satin, then put it in a colcasac sleeve when I take it out with me

14. raftr macrumors regular

Hope it's ok to post, my missus recently launched her line of MacBook sleeves made from wool felt and leather: www.cocones.com

15. dannywalls76 thread starter macrumors newbie

16. mac26 macrumors 6502

Just a question, since you have so many iPhones why don't you sell your old ones that you do not use anymore, IHMO more than one phone is a lot!

17. dannywalls76 thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL. I see how you could think that. I no longer own all the iPhones, just the 32GB iPhone 4S. I should really change my signature.

18. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

I use a Radtech sleeve. Fits really well and (in the US) it is <$30. Made in the US if that means anything to you as well.