MBA 11" Running so Slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Chiemu, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Chiemu macrumors newbie

Dear all,

I need some information...
    I recently changed my macbook air 13" (core duo) with macbook air 11" (i7, 1.8Ghz, 256 SSD, 4Gigs of ram) which is the highest specs.

I recognized, my macbook air 11" is slower than my previous macbook air 13" which still uses core duo as its processor. Whenever I uses multiple excel spreadsheets, or open multiples tabs on the safari, It start running slow. I have to wait a couple of seconds in order to open other tabs.
    When I use it to open youtube, the fan starts to running hard, it starts getting hot. I remember my macbook air 13" doesn't have any issues like this.

Isn't it the macbook air 11" i7 processor should run way faster that 13" core duo?

Does anybody have the same issues like me? Or any comments or help from the others to solve this issues. I really appreciate it. Thank you...

2. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

When viewing on YouTube, are you using flash, or HTML5? The former will cause your fans to go wild, and make your machine work harder while diminishing your battery.

3. Chiemu thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using flash for that. Is it gonna be a problem? How about performance with my current macbook air? Are there any problems with my macbook air or are the others experiencing lack of performance as well?

4. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

HTML5 would surely be better. I had a 13" 1.86/2/128 MBA and my base 11" seems a bit peppier in the start up, and during light usage (email and browsing). However, I never do anything to taxing on the processor.

For browsing, I use Safari with flash uninstalled. I find I almost never need to use flash. Occasionally I come across sites that force me to use flash in which case, I use Google Chrome, as it comes with flash built in.

5. Sgenea macrumors newbie

Just for comparisons, my i5 11" MBA does everything of the above, and more without lagging. Perhaps a little warm, but no lag..

6. KPOM macrumors G5

There should be no lag, and the i7 is definitely faster than the Core 2 Duo in your old MacBook Air. I had the 13" 2.13GHz Core 2 Duo and now have the 1.7GHz i7 and the latter is significantly faster. Did you migrate from the old Air? If so, it's possible that an old program is running in the background, or a setting migrated over.

Try resetting the PRAM and SMC, and see if that helps.