MBA 11" spacebar

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by iExpensive, Aug 27, 2011.

1. iExpensive, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011

iExpensive macrumors 6502

iExpensive

The spacebar on my 11" makes a little more a click noise when pressed. Is this normal? It's almost like a there's a crumb under there.

edit:
    Sorry if it seems like i'm a samsung/lg person. I'm just curious. I'm wouldn't return it over such a silly thing.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

No. Mine is as quiet as any other key. Perhaps a spring is loose?

3. iExpensive thread starter macrumors 6502

iExpensive

That's what I was thinking. I would go to the apple store but not if they want to swap it for a whole new mba, that just seems like overkill.

4. libskate macrumors member

I was having similar issues (squeaky spacebar), and today i brought it into the apple store. The guy just adjusted the spacebar and problem solved!

5. iExpensive thread starter macrumors 6502

iExpensive

Nice to hear but now I have a dead pixel so that may take some more time. :(

6. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

I purchased a 2010 13" Ultimate 2.13GHz model last October from my local Apple Store, brought it home....it had a very squeaky spacebar issue, the only issue it had. I knew it was serious enough that it was really annoying. I took it back into the store on Monday and they swapped it out, gave me a completely new unit for free, no questions. It was a smart move on my part.

I would say if you are still within the return time, to return it and ask for a replacement. The keyboard is something you will use everyday, and you don't want it to be a horrible experience whenever you type more than a couple words on the keyboard!!

7. kolax macrumors G3

I had a spacebar that didn't pick up every press (more to the left side of it), and made a slight squeak.

I decided to just press quite firmly down on it, and I heard a crack. The spacebar has been perfect since then - I doubt it was a crumb, but maybe just wasn't fully clipped in. Perhaps you have something similar.