MBA 11" "Ultimate" - Anyone Use Final Cut Pro 7 | After Effects CS5?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by SiskoKid, Nov 18, 2010.

1. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

Hey, guys!

So I made another post about this already kind of describing my job, but because I threw so much in there I didn't get any responses on some of my questions. But one of my main concerns is if a MBA 11" "Ultimate" or a 13" with 4GB of Ram (But lesser HDD and Processor) can run FCP 7 and AE CS5.

Now, I won't be using the MBA as my main machine. I'd be using it to open FCP and AE projects for review and maybe make minor tweaks but probably rarely going to use it to render things out (although if you have experience with that, I'd like input).

I need a MBA to review content across multiple different uses: Word, Excel, Power Point, FCP, AE, Photoshop, Web Browsing, AIM, Email, etc.

I know it can handle the word processing, email, web browsing stuff, but I want to see if it can also handle, at least lightly the more powerful apps like FCP, AE and Photoshop.

Thanks for your input!

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I haven't tried it on the 11" netbook model, but FC runs fine on the 13" MBA. I wouldn't try any major projects or work with very large files, but it does run it and you can do some basic tweaking as you've indicated.

Rendering things don't so much "run" on there as they "execute." In other words, unless its a very small render job, don't bother.