MBA 13" - Louder Left Speaker

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by azax, Jun 12, 2014.

1. azax macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My new MBA 13" turned up today and am loving everything about it so far! Coming from a 2010 i5 MBP the lightness and overall speed make me feel like I made the right choice.

The only thing I've noticed is that the left speaker seems to be a bit more dominant than the right - bass is noticeably more prominent and it seems slightly louder in general. I wondered if this was perhaps by design (e.g. mini subwoofer in the left speaker), or if it was something that needed looking into at all. While I understand that the speakers aren't going to be astounding and that's not what this model is about, I thought it might be worth asking the question!

Any help or feedback would be appreciated :)

2. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

If you don't like the balance go to the Sound Preference Pane and change the balance.

Lou

Attached Files:

3. azax thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick response. I have played around with the balance and this helps to centre the sound - I was just curious if the extra bass response/loudness on the left speaker was a common/known thing. Not a deal breaker though.

Thanks again!

4. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

Something else to consider, a mistake that I made: I bought a keyboard cover for my 2013 MBA recently, trying to be proactive. When I placed it on, it fit extremely well. But the design of MBA has speakers under keyboard, with sound coming out through key area and area under display. It muffled and killed the sound, even at higher levels. Everything was flat.

If you're using a keyboard cover, expect sound to be flat, off and terrible.