MBA 13" Speakers Compared to MBP

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
UK
Hey all, I am torn between the MBA 13 and the MBP, I use my current MBP for music quite a lot, I have heard the speakers on the MBA 11, and was wondering if the 13 has different/better speakers?

dreamsINdigital

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
If music is really important to you, you should look into getting a set of external speakers or headphones/earphones.

On my 2008 MBA, it would sound a bit muffled if I was typing while music was playing since the speaker was directly under the keyboard. Not sure about the new ones, whether they've changed the location or not.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
UK
If music is really important to you, you should look into getting a set of external speakers or headphones/earphones.

On my 2008 MBA, it would sound a bit muffled if I was typing while music was playing since the speaker was directly under the keyboard. Not sure about the new ones, whether they've changed the location or not.
Well, music is important to me, but the quality coming out of the late 2011 MBP is fine, it was fine on the 11" MBA to be honest, but I would like to know if the speakers are any different? or better than the current 11 MBA.

Kafka

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
I own both 13"s and you can't expect to seriously listen to music on any of them. Speakers suck on both. The Logitech Mini Boombox rocks, however.

LYFK

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
Needs to be decent on the notebook itself!! When you pay the premium for it to be light and thin, you don't want to be carrying other bits and bobs around with you to enhance it!
I disagree, I think paying a premium means you accessorize properly in order to enhance your investment!

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
UK
I own both 13"s and you can't expect to seriously listen to music on any of them. Speakers suck on both. The Logitech Mini Boombox rocks, however.
So you could answer my question but you would prefer to do your own interpretation as to how I would like to use my computers?