Mba 13'' ultimate or Mbp 13'' with ssd+8gb ram

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kselby, Jun 16, 2011.

  1. kselby macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2011
    Location:
    United States
    #1
    I am trying to decide between either a MBP or a MBA. I was looking into getting the 13'' sandy bridge mba when it is updated and getting it with all of the top upgrades, most ram possible and best processor. If not this, I am looking at getting the 13'' mbp and upgrading it aftermarket with an ssd and 8gb of ram. They would ultimately come out to similar pricing, but the air has a better screen, it's lighter, and it has the "coolness" factor, while the mbp has its advantages.

    I don't care about gaming and I am not going to be using really hard to run programs, although I am thinking about dual booting windows. I am about to go to college and I am going into software engineering so I am wondering which one would I be better off with getting.
     
  2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

    iVeBeenDrinkin'

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    #2
    Ask your mommy. BTW, you know there's another thread asking this very same question, at this very moment, in this very forum, right?
     
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #3
    If you are going to replace MBP's HD with SSD anyway, then it sounds like you won't need that much internal storage. I would go with MBA because of its extra portability. I have one and I love it.
     
  4. kselby thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2011
    Location:
    United States
    #4
    Where is it? Link?
    btw, thanks for being so friendly!
     
  5. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

    iVeBeenDrinkin'

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    #5
  6. kselby thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2011
    Location:
    United States
    #6
  7. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

    iVeBeenDrinkin'

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    #7
    Yeah, everybody's specific situation is different, the question is still the same. I'm willing to bet there are more than 100 MBA or MBP threads in this forum since the MBP refresh. I'm sure your answer is in there some where.

    I say wait for the MBA refresh.
     
  8. 482214 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2010
    #8
    I would go with the Air... Wait for the update in MO

    Just ignore the negativity here... Too many armchair commandos desperate to point out problems rather than offer the smallest bit of help.

    You get used to it bro
     
  9. 482214 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2010
    #9
    3 posts to get to this.

    Well done... Hope you feel better now
     
  10. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

    iVeBeenDrinkin'

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    #10
    I hope you do too. It could have taken Zero!
     
  11. 482214 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2010
    #11
    Point proven... I feel so sorry for you
     

Share This Page