MBA 13" VS rMBP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MilleDav01, Apr 29, 2015.

1. MilleDav01 macrumors member

I recently got the rMBP 13" and I am going to probably return it for the MBA 13", The rMBP is a great machine, but I have tried everything and am not a fan of the screen, don't get me wrong, its great, but my eyes cannot adjust to the resolution at any setting or brightness. I have no idea why. I didn't really see a huge issue with the MBA screen so I think I am going to get the MBA and a Surface 3 (To take handwritten notes in class). I really wish I could do that effectively on the iPad but alas it doesn't have the digitizer :-(

:apple:

2. cinealta macrumors 6502

Doesn't the rMBP scaled to 1440x900 look the same as native MBA? The color saturation is way better on the rMBP regardless of resolution.

3. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Yes sort of. I use all pages zoom safari extension to make the text as large as the retina setting found on the MBPR for my 2015 MBA.

For color and saturation I downloaded a custom color profile which helps tremendously. While not as good as the retina it's a lot better than out of the box which is poorly calibrated.

4. tmanker macrumors newbie

I fought this same decision not long ago. I ended up with the MBA 13" with 8gb ram, 256 ssd. It will accomplish everything I need.

5. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

I had the opposite problem. I got sore eyes with a 11" MBA and a 13" MBA. No issues with a cMBP so i recently got a rMBP and have no issues with it.