MBA 2010 Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hunterheath33, Jul 6, 2014.

1. hunterheath33 macrumors regular

Hi. I have a 2010 MacBook Air. Just today I went to turn it on and the screen doesn't turn on. All that seems to be happening is the computer getting extremely hot and the fans spinning really loud. Contacted apple and they would not help me because I don't have AppleCare. Any help would be really appreciated.

2. iizmoo macrumors 6502

Had that happened on my 2013 MBA a few times too, your computers on, there's just some funky error with sleep and the monitor not powering. I usually close and open the lid a few times. Or as an extreme measure, hold power button until machine hard power down as a last resort, usually dont like to do that as unsaved work and files may get corrupted and such.

If you do those, and let the battery drain and then recharge again and the monitor still isn't coming on, then you got some real major problems...

3. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

This sometimes happens when the computer is updating. Leave it open with good ventilation. This sometimes happens with my 2012 MBP. Try turning it back on after an hour or so.

4. Trvlngnrs macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

I haven't heard of this, update us when you figure it out.

Good luck!