Mba 2011/2012 nyc

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ShrubbySoup, Apr 11, 2012.

  1. ShrubbySoup macrumors regular


    Mar 1, 2012
    Hey guys, I need your advice, I have booked a trip to NYC on the 25 July. I need a laptop for the plane which is 8 hours, but don't know wether to buy a MBA now or chance it and wait untill the refresh. I know a lot of people ask this every day but my question is a small variation, will it be out before July 25? :apple:
  2. Macman45 macrumors G5


    Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    There is just no way anyone here can answer that...We just don't know...All we do know is that a refresh is in the pipeline....Anything else is guesswork I'm afraid...If you need one now, and are prepared to chance the refresh hitting the stores shortly after you purchase, then buy now....Smart advice? Wait if you can.
  3. Bear macrumors G3

    Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    As I just said in another forum thread...

    I would say wait until about a month before you need it. Also, you could consider a 2011 refurbished model from the Apple Store.

    The reason I say about a month before is you want time to set it up and make sure it's working well for your needs.
  4. silver8ack macrumors regular

    Jul 22, 2010
    Well, if you don't need it until July 25th, you might as well wait. If it doesn't come out by then, buy the current gen for your trip.
  5. msoravia macrumors newbie

    Sep 6, 2011
    Como, Italy
    Why do you need it "for the plane"? Unless you're a businessman, i would enjoy the inflight entertainment and wait for the 2012mba.

Share This Page