Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I recently picked up a used MBA to finally go all in on the Apple ecosystem (handoff / continuity pushed me over the edge). It's a mid-2011 model that does have Bluetooth 4.0/LE.

I'm running the Yosemite preview on it, and prior to DP3 it had the "Allow Handoff..." option in Settings>General. However, on DP3, that box is gone. I'm 99% sure this MBA will be able to fully handle handoff, so I can't figure out why that disappeared and it has me worried I bought one that's out of date.

I'm also having a heck of a time connecting my 5S (on iOS 8 beta 3) via bluetooth.

Thanks!

TNJ

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2014
AirDrop gone

Allow handoff disappeared on my 2010 MacBook Pro using the latest Yosemite update. I can not use AirDrop between iOS 8 and OS X now.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Mildy interesting bug for MBA 2011 users (and maybe others with non-Handoff enabled macs): Open System Preferences and type handoff into the search. It still shows up even though the setting is hidden :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.