MBA 2011 Bootcamp black screen video issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ddong, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ddong macrumors member

Hello,

I guess many people here must know the issue since many have the 2011 MBA... I installed Windows 7 with bootcamp, it was very difficult but i finally understood that to get something else than black screen, i have to close and re-open the lid (it'll go to sleep and then wake up). How can i resolve this? It's not possible to play games for exemple, after i launch skyrim, screen turn black, so i close and open the lid but game has quit then...

2. ddong thread starter macrumors member

Hmm ok in fact it does not go to sleep now when i close the lid, it just turns it off... Sometimes i can't see the desktop, only logon screen (after closed the lid). And YES i updated intel hd drivers, doesn't change anything. Windows 7 with or without SP1, x86 or x64, same story for all!

3. ddong thread starter macrumors member

4. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Did you submit this into apple as a possible bug ( via support )?

Who knows maybe they are already working on it for 10.7.3. If you are having issues right now closing the lid while running bootcamp then perhaps you should stop closing the lid.

5. ddong thread starter macrumors member

This is not my actual problem. I think over the millions people on this forum with a MBA 2011 and working bootcamp could take 30seconds to leave a little message.

6. ddong thread starter macrumors member

Ok listen, i just format the whole disk and did a fresh install (10.7.2) then start bootcamp install and same, black screen or start when it wants. So this NOT a WINDOWS ISSUE but if it was video issue, it would also cause trouble in OSX and it doesn't. So WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ISSUE I HAVE? Some other people MUST have it too!!

7. ddong thread starter macrumors member

8. ddong thread starter macrumors member

9. ddong thread starter macrumors member