MBA 2011 + TB Display, Boot Camp issues.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Alkohol, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Alkohol macrumors newbie

Hello

I just bought a MBA 11" and a Thunderbolt Display, I am running windows and most features works like expected, but I've got one big problem.

When I disconnect the Macbook from the display the laptop display doesnt change automatically, it's like the Macbook still thinks that the TBD is connected. Either I have to restart the computer or changes the display settings in Windows every time I want to disconnect the Macbook.

Am I using the wrong settings or is this an issue with the drivers?

I updated FW etc in Lion before I installed Windows 7.

Thanks

2. coopiklaani macrumors member

coopiklaani

It's to do with the boot camp drivers. wait for update

3. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Do you notice the same issue when connecting to the TD within Mac OS? Just to clarify whether this is a windows only issue or not...I am experiencing a problem within Mac OS, where the windows that are auto-resized to fit the ATD don't go back to their normal size on the MBA when the ATD is disconnected and thus the windows remain too large on the MBA's screen. Is this the same issue you are experiencing, albeit in Windows?

4. Brooke00000 macrumors newbie

To the above poster, I have the exact same issue with the window resize (in Mac OSX). Hoping an update will fix it?

5. Aboo macrumors 6502a

I hope so too, but I was just talking to my sister who has owned an ACD 24", ACD 27", and now an ATD 27" and she has mentioned that this problem has existed since 2008 when the 24" ACD first came out; I really hope that now that these ATDs are getting into more people's hands, people will complain about the problem and Apple will release a fix...:mad:

6. Alkohol thread starter macrumors newbie

When I have the ATD connected when whitin Lion the dock etc is shown on the ATD, and I can use the MBA screen as an additional display. When I disconnect the ATD the dock automatically moves from the ATD to the MBA screen, large windows may be to large but thats not a problem since you now a days can resize a window from any side, and not just from the lower right corner.

In Windows however, when I have the ATD connected I have set the MBA screen to be shut off, but when I disconnect the ATD the ATD goes black but nothing happends with the MBA screen, it just stays black. If I reconnect the ATD it wont turn back on and I have to restart the computer to get a screen working.

7. jamesr19 macrumors 6502

Install Divvy with some global shortcuts. It works similar to Windows 7 "Snapping" but uses keyboard shortcuts and custom sizes of the screen. It's really useful. Can allow you to make the window fit the screen, left, right or nice and small so you can view the app and adjust as you wish (good for photoshop & other adobe apps)