MBA 2012 + mini DP to HDMI issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Pilfrog, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Pilfrog macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've just received my new MBA 11' today and I am having issues with the thunderbolt port.

I have a mini displayport to hdmi adapter that I use with my Macbook Pro (mid 2010) with no problems (except that I have to use the dedicated GPU - but I think it is normal - and I need to click on the "detect display" button in Lion to make it works) but it doesn't work at all with my new macbook air : when I plug it to the TV on which I am trying to send video signal the tv keeps saying "no video signal" and the computer doesn't detect anything ... I'm thinking it may be a compatibility issue between my adapter and the new MBA but how can I check if the thunderbolt port is doing okay ?
    I know that there are issues with the hdmi adaptor with the 2012 mba (seen it on the apple website forums) but it's normally a problem with colours rendering or brightness and not with the computer not detecting the external display/TV at all.

Please help me !

Thank you

PS : I'm sorry if I am hard to understand : english isn't my native language

2. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

I am sorry that I have no solution for you, but I posted a similar issue yesterday... and got no responses...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1414634

I am going to guess the problems are related. It seems the new Airs are less capable of running larger screens...

3. Pilfrog thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to the Apple Store this evening, I'll let you know if they helped me