MBA 2013 cracking near power port

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jonasdamn, Nov 22, 2013.

1. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Hello, anyone faced up with this issue on your mba 2013 13". When i press back body near power, usb and audio ports, it cracks. Will this issue could be fixed fast at local service center? :)

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Then don't press it! :D

If you take it to Apple they will tighten up the screws and see how that goes.

3. jonasdamn thread starter macrumors 6502a

I dont press it just for fun lol. Everytime i take it with both hands, it cracks, a bit annoying :D Yeh will take it to service center on Monday, will see what they are going to do. Thought that more people had this issue :)

4. teffers macrumors regular

Had exactly the same issue on a couple of my replacements.

It's the lower part of the casing (bottom plate) moving.

I could see mine if I flipped it over and VERY slightly twisted the MBA.

Problem is it's a natural place to pick the laptop up when the screen is open - it's hard to avoid it ;)

5. jonasdamn thread starter macrumors 6502a

So for this issue you got replacements or also had other issues? o_O I dont want to get replacement :/

6. teffers macrumors regular

I had some other issues as well and I was within the initial exchange window (ordered online so could return them without much discussion).

I've read about plenty of others with the creaking / cracking case sound either having the base plate tightened (with varying degrees of long-term success) or having the base plate / casing changed.

I did try tightening one of my cases and it reduced the cracking sound but never eradicated it unfortunately - I personally feel it's a slight imperfection in the case manufacture on certain units as it's (I think) all created from a single piece of alu.

Others just live with the sound too :D

7. jonasdamn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, found also a lot of reports of this issue, even with older macbook airs :)

8. teffers macrumors regular

No worries, hope it gets sorted for you ;)