MBA 2013 Fan noise?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by snakes-, Jun 12, 2013.

1. snakes- macrumors regular

How is the Fan noise from MBA 2013 ? Did someone testet it under full CPU/GPU load?

2. ladeer macrumors 6502

i heard it under heavy load. it wasn't load at all. i just thought there was no fan in my machine until i heard it...:p

3. mortenandersen macrumors 6502

Features that may influence fan activity?

I posted this text in another thread a short while ago, but this thread is much more relevant and right to the point, so please allow me to ask these questions here:

Can some of you more technological forum members please tell us whether there is a difference between Haswell i5 and i7 with regard to how often the fans will kick in, provided using the machine for tasks that do not demand much "power", as primarily word processing and some browsing. I also wonder not only how often the fans will kick in, but also how such moderate mentioned use of the machine will determine the level of heat that will lead the fans to kick in, and if there is this regard is a difference between the i5 and the i7.

BTW, will RAM 8 or 4 have some impact or influence on these matters?

I will be very thankful if there can be some illumination about these fan noise questions from the technical minded forum members.

4. Appledreamer macrumors member

macbook air 2013

Hi guys

i have had my macbook air i5/4gb/128 i have not heard the fan come on yet in the 2 days. its on 2% battery also, i have not charged since i got it, i am very impressed at one point my battery life was up at 15 hours.

my current on time is 2days and 49 mins.

i can stress how good the new macbook airs are.

any questions?

5. webstarcool macrumors member

Very relevant question!

I'm wondering that myself as I have a MBA 2012 i7/8GB and the fan kicks in with simple stuff like YouTube videos.

My MBA 2010 did was slower, but at least it was silent. I would hope the new MBA 2013 doesn't suffer from the same issue.

6. musika macrumors 65816

musika

YouTube/Flash always kills machines.

7. tobeast macrumors newbie

Would also be interested in the noise and temperature of the new Airs with i5/i7 with regards to Flash/Youtube. All reviews so far seem to only be concerned with the battery...