MBA 2013 Rattle ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by DJTaurus, Jun 3, 2014.

1. DJTaurus, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

Today i noticed a rattling noise when i lay my hands on the metal area below the keyboard.... the noise comes from the metal area right of the trackpad... is that a reason to send it back and aks for a new one?.... the purchase was made from amazon and i am still on warranty.

2. Unnak macrumors newbie

I have a very similar problem with my Macbook Pro w/Retina. I'm thinking of getting it repaired though, I payed for a premium product and I expect to have a premium experience. I suggest that you do the same.

3. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Have same issue. Went to Apple service center and they said that it is design flaw and they can't repair.

4. abta1 macrumors 6502

Rattling noise? Is the laptop moving? A rattling noise kind of implies something is moving and inside the laptop afaik it's only the fan.

5. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

nothing moving inside.... just a clicky sound when you lay your hands on the metal surface (on the right of the trackpad).

6. SmOgER macrumors 6502a

It's either the keyboard (loose space key?) or trackpad mechanism. Shouldn't be that hard to pinpoint the source.

7. yangchewren macrumors regular

There is a well documented fix on this... look up loctite. You can solve it with 4 bucks and a minimal amount of elbow grease.

A warning of whats to come:

And in the numerous threads you can find this fix in you will see a rough thread structure of whiners saying this: "Premium product: not going to use paper-mache/macaroni card method to solve this. Apple should fix it. I will break my hands just doing my own repair cos I'm a wuss and weakshit... etc"