Mba 2014 base 11" screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RUGGLES99, May 2, 2015.

1. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

I think the screen is fine, but I was wondering if there is way to make it better, clearer etc etc. I did the terminal thing and my screen is:
    LTH116AT01A04
    Is this samsung or another? And what can I do to make it better. Any ideas much appreciated.
    TIA

2. newellj macrumors 601

The display panel is what it is - a mediocre TN panel. I'm not calling names, it's just the truth. You can try to improve it by:

- using the calibration tool in Sys Prefs
    - if you have an LG display, googling for a tweaked ICC profile for the display
    - if you have the hardware, using a colorimeter to generate a profile specifically for your display

There are hardware limits, though. There is nothing you can do to improve the viewing angles, the basic ability of the display to cover a specific color gamut, or the display's resolution.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

You have the samsung display, which is pretty much agreed upon to be the best of the Airs. It is what it is. You will not be able to make it any better. I am not trying to be cold, but if you cannot deal with it you may want to consider a different computer.