Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mithun6193

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have the same issue on my m1 MacBook Air, I took my laptop to the service centre and I got my speakers replaced. but that didn't solve the issue. My key caps also resonate between frequencies 500 and 700 hz. The service centre refused to look deeper into it after a speaker replacement.

I tested the same media with a few other MacBook air's, keycap resonation wasn't there.

I then contacted Apple Customer Service (ASC) and I explained the problem with video proof, the acknowledged the issue, ASC is internally discussing whether to replace the whole device or to replace the top case.

I will keep you updated.

shuiwutiancao

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have the same issue on my m1 MacBook Air, I took my laptop to the service centre and I got my speakers replaced. but that didn't solve the issue. My key caps also resonate between frequencies 500 and 700 hz. The service centre refused to look deeper into it after a speaker replacement.

I tested the same media with a few other MacBook air's, keycap resonation wasn't there.

I then contacted Apple Customer Service (ASC) and I explained the problem with video proof, the acknowledged the issue, ASC is internally discussing whether to replace the whole device or to replace the top case.

I will keep you updated.
how did it go?

I have the same problem here. I live in China and the guys at Genius Bars had both speakers and Logic Board replaced but it didn't solve the problem. I sent recorded videos to Custom Service and they told me its normal! The Retail Executive Relations in China called me and confirmed it's normal for speaker rattle at higher volumes (my left speaker rattles from 8 or more bars).

I even emailed tcook@apple.com, but then it was always Executive Relations in China contacted me and repeated the same thing over again.

I can't believe they just denied the problem. Not gonna buy anything from Apple again!

shuiwutiancao

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Here is what I recorded. It happens when I use video calls, play music and even during phone calls via my iPhone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6a6uhbhyk

Mithun6193

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2021
how did it go?

I have the same problem here. I live in China and the guys at Genius Bars had both speakers and Logic Board replaced but it didn't solve the problem. I sent recorded videos to Custom Service and they told me its normal! The Retail Executive Relations in China called me and confirmed it's normal for speaker rattle at higher volumes (my left speaker rattles from 8 or more bars).

I even emailed tcook@apple.com, but then it was always Executive Relations in China contacted me and repeated the same thing over again.

I can't believe they just denied the problem. Not gonna buy anything from Apple again!
After a lot of back and forth, I got them to replace the keyboard. Nothing changed, the issue was still there, and they denied any other course of action. And here I am left with laptop that doesn’t perform upto the high standards that apple claims to have.

shuiwutiancao

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
After a lot of back and forth, I got them to replace the keyboard. Nothing changed, the issue was still there, and they denied any other course of action. And here I am left with laptop that doesn’t perform upto the high standards that apple claims to have.
Thx for the update. I also found several users reported this issue in a Chinese forum. I guess Apple just does't care anymore. Very disappointed.

6a6uhbhyk

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2022
Similar problem, but it seams the reason is crappy speakers, not keycaps.
Please check recorded cracking sound here:

Last edited:
Reactions: vtuberalpha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.