MBA A1237 bezel or part number help.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by foresthunt, Nov 18, 2010.

1. foresthunt, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

foresthunt macrumors newbie

Hi all, I have been searching for hours for a part number for the bezel covering the lcd for this laptop and just can't find it. I like many before me have bent the product and need to find a replacement. I would even consider using a black one just to finish up this project.

Can anyone point me to a parts list diagram or a site that sells the actual part?

edited link because it just pointed to ebay for some reason.

but I want to make sure it works with my notebook before shelling out $60.00

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

I think the bezel, lid, and screen are all one part, not sold separately. You cannot remove a bezel without bending it either.

3. foresthunt thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I have found some new parts but I am just not sure of the part & compatibly. I started this project a few weeks ago and wish I had saved this diagram with every part number listed and the technical specs. Had I known that part would have been such a pain to find I wouldn't have attempted to fix it.

I was thinking of straighting it the best I can and using some 3m tape to hold it down. There is the other problem, IDK what tape to get. I fix Iphones and that tape would work fine but I don't want to buy 30 3m iphone screen tapes when a solid piece would be better!

Thanks for your help though.