MBA and iMovie

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Dlcinnc, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Dlcinnc macrumors newbie

Hi! I have a base model 15" MBP for work that I love and am planning on buying a Mac laptop of my own. Just wondering...I will be using it for general email, word processor, Power Point, and maybe VM ware or other PC portal. I love working in iMovie...will a basic 13" MBA work well with these and iMovie rendering? I tossed the idea of a MBA but was turned away from it by some Apple employees and fear the limited storage. I also am considering a 13" MBP if the MBA has too many barriers. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Max budget is $1500 and I am not comfortable adding in any upgrades on my own.

Thanks so much!

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

You'll be fine. I run Final Cut Pro X on mines and it works like a champ.

If you intend on doing a lot of video - it will be worthwhile going for the higher storage. I have the 128gb and every now and then - I have to delete the raw files from the iMovie / Final Cut folder (Macintosh HD > Users > Movies) to make more space.

Other than that - its pretty speedy in exporting etc.

3. Dlcinnc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I am getting excited about this purchase! First, however, I have to make up my mind between a MBA or a MBP but leaning now to a MBA!

4. macdudesir macrumors 6502

I have the MBA in my sig, I can say that in every day tasks, it very speedy. It is also very good in iMovie. Basically what The Samouri said...

----------

Maybe you should link him to some of your MBA videos? I know they helped me a lot when i was contemplating the same thing the OP is.