MBA and Photoshop & Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by driftless, Sep 2, 2011.

1. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

I was wondering if anyone has their MBA loaded with Photoshop and Dreamweaver, etc., and if they have thoughts about the performance of this combination? I am thinking of picking up a MBA for use when I am away from my iMac.

2. MBAForever macrumors newbie

I had mine installed with Dreamweaver and Final Cut Pro X. Both programs fire up fast and furious in MBA. I am sure Photoshop would be as fast too.

3. adammade macrumors newbie

I migrated over from my old black macbook to MBA 13 i5 the adobe cs5 master collection.

I had some issues...

Before anything could launch I had to download Java for Lion.

A lot of Dreamweaver's configuration folder was 'left behind' and the program wouldn't launch, so had to transfer them manually.

Some of the other packages, InDesign for example has been crashing quite a bit.

Photoshop runs like a dream, way faster and some of my heavy plug ins like Colorperfect used to take 4-10 mins to invert a .fff file where as now it takes no longer then 20 seconds :D

One tip however, open it in 32 bit mode (cmd+i on the app and check the 32bit mode box) if you don't do this it pisses memory everywhere.

Fireworks works fine as well as does Bridge.

Haven't tested Flash yet, not really a big user anyhow.

I still can't believe the power of this little laptop.

4. driftless thread starter macrumors demi-god

driftless

5. mickier macrumors newbie

There is at least one youtube video showing speed tests on mba17 opening 100 photos - it does VERY well compared to MBP15 with 8gb ram...

I think you'll be happy with it!

6. VMMan macrumors 6502a

I was surprised to find that Photoshop CS5 works great! I surprisingly don't find the screen cramped.