MBA and TC

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Macsterling, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

I read the guide about how to setup your TC so you can access it when you are away from your home network. My question is this: I have my TC setup in Bridge Mode with a Verizon FIOS router. Is there another way I can setup my TC so I can access it with my MBA away from home?

2. Macsterling thread starter macrumors regular

Macsterling

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

is there not anyone that can help me access my TC from my MBA that is setup in bridge mode?? Please

3. MBAir macrumors member

Hi,

For accessing your TC remotely, pls. follow the steps below:

- You must have a static public IP address, if you don't, you can use dynamicdns.
    - Assign static IP address for the TC (LAN).
    - On your router, forward port 548 (correct me if I'm wrong guys) to the TC.
    - You can access the TC by connecting to AFP://your.ip.address.

Hope this helps.

Happy :apple:ing!

Cheers.

4. Macsterling thread starter macrumors regular

Macsterling

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

will this work in bridge mode? I have my TC setup in bridge with my verizon fios router. I know if I turn that off I get the option to share a public ip but not sure how I would set that up. I have an n network and a g network both seperate for my devices. I do have a DNS domain from the site u mentioned.