MBA Battery Q

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Bottomsup, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Bottomsup macrumors regular

Hi,

I used my MBA 11" Ultimate docked at work, pull the MD adapter, USB, and power from it at the end of the day with a 100% charge and 12 hours later when I reopen it to start the next day I'm at 93% which seems low?

I heard that people only loose 1-2% when the machien goes into deep sleep overnight. I wonder if the machine somehow doens't sleep correctly after undocking when I never open the lid after removing the USB, etc..?

The machine is brand new BTW..just a few weeks old.

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's normal to use about 1% of battery power for every hour in sleep mode. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. Bottomsup thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. That seems reasonable, but if true how does the "30 days of standby in deep sleep" work? Doesn't seem possible?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

I was wondering the same thing since it happens to me, too. Good to know that it's normal for the battery to lose 1% per hour.

6. Bottomsup thread starter macrumors regular

hi

sorry, but I still don't follow. That link says the following

Put MacBook Air to sleep, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days.

So what's the difference between standby and sleep? Asked another way if I just shut the lid what does that do?...sleep? if so how do I "stand by".

I'm looking to take advantage of the deeper 30 day sleep if possible.

Thanks

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When you shut the lid, it sleeps. After an hour in sleep mode, it goes into standby mode.
    MacBook Air (Late 2010): About standby mode