Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrRRCMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2013
I bought a MBA about a month ago and I left today to run errands, came home and there is an exclamation point on the wireless icon.

I've restarted everything.

Nothing works.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Unless you have at-home tech service, u have to play a little self-tech support.

#1: Can ANYTHING else connect to WIFI?

If other(s) can connect to WIFI then problem = laptop, give it a (1)hard reset, (2)SMC reset.

After that still no go, you need professional (take it in) help.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Could it be your actual service provider is having a line problem?

I believe that's a negative.

An exclamation marks means can't talk/find WIFI router.

Merely ISP down doesn't get u an exclamation mark, it simply won't connect when you bring up browser, like can't find page, can't open page etc.

MFL2012

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
I bought a MBA about a month ago and I left today to run errands, came home and there is an exclamation point on the wireless icon.

I've restarted everything.

Nothing works.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Click on the wireless icon. Turn off Wi Fi. Turn Wi Fi back on. I've had your problem a couple of times and this worked.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
Unless you have at-home tech service, u have to play a little self-tech support.

#1: Can ANYTHING else connect to WIFI?

If other(s) can connect to WIFI then problem = laptop, give it a (1)hard reset, (2)SMC reset.

After that still no go, you need professional (take it in) help.

I had this same problem in which other devices could connect to wi-fi but not my Air,all you need to do is go in router settings, change the channel from Auto to 3 or 11 and it will start working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.