MBA : built-in keyboard & trackpad do not respond

Discussion in 'macOS' started by victorfr, Oct 9, 2016.

1. victorfr macrumors newbie

victorfr

Hi,

Hope someone will be able to help me (this thing is driving me crazy ! :)
    (And sorry for my broken english; I am not a native english speaker)

I own a Mac Book Air, running MacOS X Sierra (and Windows 10 with bootcamp).
    Since yesterday, when I turn on the computer, the MacOS login page opens, and I can enter my account password without any issue (both the keyboard and trackpag work). But as soon as the desktop opens, I loose complete control of the keyboard and trackpad. The only button that remains active on the keyboard is the power on/off .

I believe it's not a hardware issue. The keyboard works fine on the login page (and also works ok on Windows 10).
    If someone knows how to solve this problem, it would be great !!

2. JohnDS macrumors 65816

Try restarting while holding down the shift key to do a safe boot and see if you keyboard and trackpad then work.

If they do, your problem is an incompatible startup item:

Go the System Preferences > Users and Groups. Click on the lock at the bottom left to unlock it, the click on the Logon Items tab at the top right. Highlight each Logon Item in turn and click the minus button to remove it. Then restart it and see if it will work normally.

3. victorfr thread starter macrumors newbie

victorfr

Thanks. Unfortunately, nothing worked. It's currently being repaired at Apple....