Hi All, I really am itching to buy a new MBA, but after reading all of the issues that are going down, I have decided to wait a few months until Apple fixes these issues (whether they be software, hardware or both). I would advise anybody else in my situation just to hang in there, be patient and not buy one until these problems are fixed. It is really hard to know something so nice is out there but has some minor issue and restraining myself from buying one. Here is why I suggest waiting. Why be the beta tester for Apple and suffer the pain of having issues with your machine? I have been there. I bought a first generation Macbook the day they came out. Oh boy was that painful. My first unit had the whistling fan syndrome and was warped. The replacement unit got to be 90C on mid to heavy usage, idled at about 80C. I waited it out a month or two and they came out with some kind of firmware fix. Funny enough, I bought the original MBP and also had the whistling fan issues and heat. Both fixed via firmware a few months later. What I gather from this forum (which may or may not be all that realistic, because more people post problems than "I have a perfect machine" posts) is that the current MBA's have some minor issues. Fans running crazy, cores shutting down, balance issues due to the rubber feet, poor video playback (not just on 1080p HD- which is unrealistic on a machine of these specs), and heat issues. All of these seem to be early issues that will be fixed in production and software/firmware updates. The way I look at it is I want this machine to be running perfect when I get it out of the box. If there is one thing I have learned buying Apple products in the last few years, is that it is best to restrain myself a month or so after a new product is released and then buy it once I get the green light from people not complaining about issues on this forum. I would advise anyone else in my situation to do the same. Besides, maybe by then New Egg will have some cheaper prices on those SSD's.