MBA & Cats

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Wormald, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Wormald macrumors regular

My cat likes to walk around my laptop and rub her cheek against the side of its display.

With my old Macbook she would steer clear of the keyboard / trackpad area, and walk around the whole body of the machine.

With my new 11" MBA, its thinness seems to have passed some kind of cat perception threshold, as she now merrily pads across the MBA's body, paw-pressing random keys and clicking the trackpad without a care in the world.

One of the very few downsides of this otherwise splendid machine!

2. ritmomundo, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011

ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Watch out for the screen. The MBPs have a layer of glass on top, providing a little protection to the screen itself. The MBA doesn't have this. I've read plenty of stories here on MR over the past several months about MBA owners cracking their screens much easier.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

3. iphonsteve4ajob macrumors regular

You must love your cat. :)

4. Dominus Mortem macrumors regular

Now my cat likes my 17" MBP best. When I have the Air out he's not terribly interested but if I break out the 17" MBP he invariably shows up, puts his paws up on the side and rests there. He doesn't walk across it, he just likes laying against it.

5. bolen macrumors 6502

bolen

My cat does the same, but with my wifes 13-inch. :) just lays against it. Guess it's nice and warm. :)

6. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

My cat gets spatted on the butt when she tries to settle on the Air, lol.