MBA Colour calibration

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Con1750, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Con1750 macrumors newbie

2. motrek macrumors 68020

I would be reluctant to do anything on this web page. Of course changing a color profile will not make your display "sharper"--that idea is ridiculous and suggests the author probably has no idea what he's talking about.

I assume there's software that will do color calibration for you, if you have a color meter or swatches or something. I also assume this is really only useful for graphic designers. What Apple ships might not be perfect out of the box but it also won't be too bad. If you don't like the colors it might be a limitation of the display technology and not that the colors aren't calibrated properly.

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

There is a generic color profile for the MBA's display bundled with every OS X install but naturally the displays themselves will vary a little bit. You can use ColorSync (or if you're really serious a calibrator) to calibrate your display to show more accurate colors, but I doubt another generic profile offered on a website will improve things much.

4. SmOgER macrumors 6502a

Not sure about the 2013 models, but with 2011 there were substantial color reprodution differences between different LCD models and color profile posted by OSXdaily (was it the original source?) evened things out. I'am still happily using it on my LG LCD equipped MBA, it makes the colors warmer (arguably more natural) and more pleasant to the eye.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

If your not happy with your display colours, buy (or borrow!) a colour meter. I'd recommend getting a ColorMunki display. Even if you get it right, all panels drift over time.
    There cheaper than you think, and very easy to use. It's the only way to take the guess work out of your colours.
    Also worth looking at a Spyder Pro, but I'm less familiar with that brand, but im sure they work similar.