MBA connect to wifi speed kinda slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by JPizzzle, Feb 24, 2011.

1. JPizzzle macrumors 6502

Hey all,
    I swapped out my mba 11 for another one a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the time that it takes for my mba to connect to wifi may be slower. I wanted to get an idea of other peoples speeds. From the time I open the lid (computer in sleep) and the screen comes on, it takes 6.5 sec for my network to connect to the air. This seems slower then videos i've seen online, and in comparison to my last air. I have the "ultimate" 11. Thanks for the help.

JP

2. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

That is basically the same amount of time (or quicker) it takes my MBA to connect/re-connect to the wifi when started up/woke up.

3. JPizzzle thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

How long is it for u black?

4. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

I've never specifically timed it, but sometimes when I wake up my MBA it seems like it takes 10s or more before I can start surfing the web again.

Any sooner than that and I get a message in my browser that I don't have network connectivity.

5. JPizzzle thread starter macrumors 6502

ok, got off the phone with apple care, and my issue is resolved. had to reset some network preference files and reboot and it fixed the trick. My air connects to my network very fast. The support agent stated that it was likely due to my migration. Happy camper here-ignore this thread :)