MBA Cooling Fan/Pad ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by metalwings00, Jun 26, 2011.

1. metalwings00 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have the first gen macbook air from late 2008. I've always had some issues with the ~3 hour battery life and heating up issues (especially now, summer time!). Im sure we all, who have the older version had this problem.

I bought a very poor quality cooling fan (USB), which really does not work so well, the fan speed is not that great and definitely not fast enough to keep my MBA cool.

I have been doing some research so far, and it seems like the Logitech N100 is a good choice in terms of USB cooling pads.

I have also read about ThermaPAK but mixed reviews.

Anyone have any heads up on what is good? Please let me know if usb cooling pad, AC cooling pad or something like ThermaPAK is good. I dont want to spend so much but i dont mind if it actually works very well.

Thank you!

2. oryoki macrumors newbie

cooling fan

I got a Belkin at Best Buy for maybe $30 I can't remember but it was worth every penny. It is raised and gives the key pad a nice angle. I use it at home and don't carry it around as most of my computing is at home. When out and about I just don't use it enough to make heat a big problem, when it is I add a little "fresh" by blowing in the vents.

It is a USB hook up which is a pain because there's only one and when I want to use the disk drive I'm out of luck for keeping the Belkin fan running. Actually my old PC desk top is still sitting on my desk, there's lots of great music I haven't transferred, and I can plug the USB into it easily.