MBA for $849

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by neile45, Oct 25, 2014.

1. neile45 macrumors regular

2. justinthesommer macrumors regular

justinthesommer

I am contemplating the same thing. But I want to wait and see about this new slim MBA supposed to be coming out 2015.

3. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

It is a great deal. I took advantage of a similar promotion. If you can get the student discount, it will put you at 799 before tax which is great.

4. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

5. Republius macrumors member

I am in the same predicament, and really need to replace my 15-year-old Dell laptop. But I trust sources I have read and contacted that a significantly new iteration of MacBook Air is coming in 2015. So I cannot justify doing anything other than waiting to see what the new technology may bring.

But it is doubly hard to wait seeing that the market seems to sense a new MacBook Air being around-the-corner in offering terrific discounts on prior generation models. I would imagine some great MBA deals will be able to be had on Black Friday next month, though I am not going to bite.

6. neile45 thread starter macrumors regular

I went ahead and ordered it, one thing I love about my 1st iPad, my 1st iPhone, and my first Air, is the resale value. I will just sell it if I want to upgrade to next year's model.

7. Mainsail macrumors 6502a

A few months ago, I bought a base 2014 MBA for $750 ($999-$100 discount-$150 education credit) at BB. Simply the best Apple device i have ever owned for the $$. I am very pleased. Hope it works for you.