MBA for Analyzing Charts

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by evirob, Apr 28, 2008.

1. evirob macrumors member

evirob

Hi Guys,

Been using my MBA since early Feb for pretty rudimentary stuff like MS office,
    safari etc....

Have been looking into using the MBA for some Forex charting, that will mean I'll be opening around 12 - 15 windows in Safari for chart/graph monitoring and at the same time a few more windows for the latest news...

Might be running the trading application too at the same time...

Just wondering if it's too much, read a lot bout some MBAs fans spinning at 6000 rpm which is a worry.....

Your advice/opinion is greatly appreciated....

2. Olvenskol macrumors member

Yesterday in the office... 5 Safari windows open plus Word and Excel files open plus mail, iCal, preview. I was switching between the Safari windows a lot (we're switching tools for managing our development projects and so was referencing a lot of old material while entering new stuff). My temp reached 45 degrees (basically, normal temp for me) and fans stayed below 2600.

Not the same as your scenario, but perhaps close enough to suggest your machine won't go berserk. Ultimately it will probably depend on how active your Safari windows are... just displaying static HTML pages is very light on the processor once the page is shown.